Working with us
We accept applications from visiting researchers, of all levels, who wish to carry out independent study within our sites.
We are also happy to support research by filling out questionnaires and providing samples.
If you would like support with your research, you will need to complete the online applications form below. We have three deadlines per year for accepting research requests: 1 March, 1 May and 1 November.
- Before completing your application form, please read the research section on the BIAZA website, which includes useful information and guidelines on undertaking research within zoos
- State the specific location and date(s) on which you’d like to visit one of our zoos or reserves to collect data (if applicable)
- Keep the questionnaire short and ensure that your questions are specific
- Requests for samples should include precise instructions for collection, storage and transportation
- Include any relevant deadlines
Please note that it is unlikely that we will accept research applications that require changes to our routine husbandry, unless the study is at postgraduate level (master’s level and above).
We will respond to your application within three weeks of the application deadline.